Friday, December 5, 2008

Sad

Isn't it weird how you can feel like you know someone you've never even personally met, but somehow they are part of your daily life?

I have been listening to Steve Dahl daily for the last 8 years or so, just after James and I met. I started listening to him in the afternoons at work until I got home, then they invented the podcast and I began downloading the rest of the show to listen to in the morning. Then last year Steve and Buzz left CKG for mornings on JackFM. I actually liked them mornings, I'd listen on my way to work, then immediately following the show I'd listen to the podcast from the beginning.

Today that part of my life ended. I'm so sad. But its weird because its not like Steve and Buzz were actually my friends or anything, but I spent my days listening to them.

Steve's enthusiasm and excitement about local sports turned me into a sports fan. I even like to hear about hockey.

Steve's antics and quirks have affect my life too. I always call 105.9, Le Douche. I know to always hit the carving station at a buffet and to stay away from the turkey, you'll never eat your money's worth.

At least I have all of the "Best Of's" on my itunes. I'll just have to listen to those until Steve and Buzz find their way back to the air.

No comments: