Monday, December 29, 2008

Made it.

Well last week I had my trustee meeting for my bankruptcy.

I was pretty nervous, but everything went fine. She said that everything has been approved. My attorney said I should get discharge paperwork in 8-10 weeks.

And then we decided (at work) that Donna should hold onto my garnished wages until I get my discharge papers, to make sure that the entire judgement was accepted, and that I dont still owe the $3150 that has been withheld.

But with that said, the bankruptcy, the garnishment stopped, I have been trying to save $100/wk.

What really sucks is that as I am getting my head out of debt and able to actually save money, my mom is sinking deeper and deeper. It has been an entire year now that she hasnt worked a 40 hr week :( Not one. She has bounced from 24-32 hours, but pretty steady at only 24. This has her bringing home about $1600 a month. And as of Jan 1, she wont have health insurance anymore. I am terrified of something happening and she wont have insurance.

I just wish that we could be doing well together. It just really sucks.

2 comments:

Bouncing Back said...

Congrats on surviving the Trustee Meeting, that was probably my most stressful part of the whole BK filing. Once you get your discharge papers,put those garnished wages into your E-fund!

Good luck!

Bouncing Back said...

Any news from the Trustee Meeting?